french quarter festival, presented by chevron
rescheduled! New dates: September 30 – October 2, 2021
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION OPENS AUGUST 18!
SHIFT INFORMATION AND VOLUNTEER MAP WILL BE AVAILABLE AUGUST 11TH – STAY TUNED!
Sign up for our e-letter mailing list FOR THE LATEST VOLUNTEER PROGRAM UPDATES and more!
Looking for a fun, enriching and rewarding way give back to the New Orleans music scene? Our volunteers are a combination of locals in our community and worldwide music-lovers. These opportunities are fun and great for corporate team-building, groups of friends, students, and individuals looking to experience all aspects of a music festival. The support of our volunteers help us to continue our festivals each year. We truly appreciate your support, we couldn’t do it without you!
If you have a group or have any questions about becoming a volunteer with French Quarter Festivals, Inc., please e-mail the volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will get back to you.
- All volunteers must abide by the French Quarter Festivals, Inc. Volunteer Guidelines
- All volunteers will be required to sign a release waiver either online and/or at the check-in booth on the festival grounds
- All volunteers must be 16 years and older
- All volunteers working in a beer booth must be 21 and older
- Volunteers are NOT allowed to drink alcoholic beverages during their shift
- Volunteers are NOT allowed to sell alcoholic beverages, this will be handled by the booth cashiers
- Volunteers are NOT allowed to directly hand alcoholic beverages to patrons; volunteers will be pouring drinks and passing them to cashiers; selling and serving will be handled by your Booth Manager and hired cashiers
2020 Volunteer Jobs and Guidelines
French Quarter Festival spans the entirety of the French Quarter, with volunteer positions located at 20+ sites. We offer 2 Volunteer Check-In Booths at FQF so you can easily check-in and start your shift!
- 2020 FQF Volunteer Guidelines (Includes check-in dates, times, locations and general information)
- 2020 FQF Full Job Descriptions – Make sure to review, we’ve made some changes this year
New to the 2020 FQF Volunteer Program!
- Shorter evening shifts
- Shifts are now scheduled to overlap to ensure relief times remain on schedule with LONGER overlap times
- New Volunteer Opportunities in 2020!
- Usher at Le Petit Theatre du Vieux Carre
- The Herradura Cantina Margarita Beverage Booth
- More to come…
- A limited edition collectible volunteer shirt, to be worn while volunteering
- $10 in food tickets, per volunteer, upon completion of shift, to use at any food vendor booth
- Having a hand in preserving Louisiana culture while keeping the festival free!
- Tons of appreciation from the community and festival staff as well!
Thank you to Chevron for Fueling the French Quarter Festival Volunteer Program!
Let our volunteers tell you about their experience
“I tell everyone about volunteering for the fest, it’s so much fun! We love the festival and can’t wait to come back next year!”
“There were so many people who just love the FQ Fest and traveled from many states which made/makes me proud to volunteer with a wonderful organization as FQFI.”
“Great time volunteering and hearing all of the great music. Met a lot of new people and made new friends.”
“I volunteer for many organizations but French Quarter Fest is the best! It showcases our music, food, French Quarter and for me the Mississippi River! I have met many great and generous volunteers over the years. Even though we don’t see each other during the year, our friendship picks up just where it left off just like all good friendships do! As usual you receive much more than you give when you volunteer in this great city!”